There is nothing better than having a good old swig of Makkeoli on a cold evening accompanied with Kimchi Jeon or a Kimchi Pancake. A Kimchi Pancake is exactly what it says it is. It’s a type of pancake batter mixed with cut up Kimchi fried and then sliced into pieces which are then dipped into a spicy soy dipping sauce.
11. In a bowl, place kimchi, 3 tbs of kimchi juice, onion, salt, sugar, flour and ¼ cup of water and mix it well with a spoon.
22. Heat up a non-stick pan over medium high heat and drizzle about 2 tbs oil.
33. Place a row of spring onions into the pan.
44. Place the mixture of kimchi pancake batter over the spring onions and spread evenly with a spoon.
55. Cook it for 1-1 ½ minutes until the bottom gets golden brown and crispy.
66. Lower the heat to medium and cook for another 1½ minutes.
77. Turn it over one more time and cook for 30 seconds before transferring it to a serving plate.